Please enter the following:
What is an Alternate ID?
You can create a unique user name or Alternate ID to use in place of your library card number when logging into your library account or placing a hold, so that you don't have to remember or type in the 14 digit number on your card. This can also be used for accessing the databases and signing up for a public internet computer. You do NOT have to use an Alternate ID.
How do I get one?
- Log into your account with your last name and library card number.
- Click on Profile on the menu on the right side, then click Change Alternate ID. Please note, you will need your library card number in order to change your Alternate ID.
- Enter an Alternate ID
- at least 6 characters - only letters and numbers - no special characters
- is NOT case sensitive so it does not matter if you use capital letters
- click Submit
- If the Alternate ID you have chosen has already been taken, or if you have typed something in that is invalid, you will get an error message and the system will not assign the name. Choose another name and try again
- You will get a confirmation to the email address on your account
What if I forget it or want to change it?
- If you have forgotten your Alternate ID, or want to change it, just log into My Account using your library card number and reset it, using the steps above. If you’ve lost your library card, bring your photo ID to any circulation desk for a replacement.